eOffice – A Digital Workplace Solution
eOffice is a digital workplace solution developed under the National e-Governance Programme of the Government with a vision to achieve a Simplified, Responsive, Effective and Transparent paperless working in Government offices by providing suitable way to officials to access information related to every aspect of their working and knowledge sharing through a single gateway to information and services.
Punjab Agro had initiated the e-office well before the outbreak of Covid-19, but implemented it fully during the lockdown imposed by the Government to contain the pandemic situation. It is an important breakthrough towards strengthening the Governmental decision-making machinery by extending the use of modern information and communication technology to the Government processes.
With the implementation of eOffice, Punjab Agro has achieved:
- Being an eco-friendly Organization, by considerably cutting down on the usage of paper.
- Practice social distancing in this pandemic situation.
- Enhanced transparency.
- Increased accountability.
- Assured data security and data integrity.
- Release of staff energy and time from unproductive procedures.
- Transformation of the Government work culture and ethics.